Monday, April 26, 2010

Warner Brothers announces LoTR Blu-Ray sweepstakes

A Warner Brothers representative dropped by the SF-Fandom forums to announce a Lord of the Rings sweepstakes announcement tied to their upcoming Blu-Ray release for Peter Jackson's "The Lord of the Rings" movies.

I mentioned this news in Episode 21 of Middle-earth Talk Radio, which we recorded last night. You can almost here me describe it (sorry about the audio quality -- that will be fixed in an updated version).

The chess set is designed "by The Noble Collection with an ancient map of Middle-earth mounted beneath the playing surface and a base with actual images of the memorable characters and scenes from the thrilling motion picture trilogy."

By the way -- when I said (on the talk show) that no one cared about TORN's birthday, I was only swept up in the passion of the competitive moment. Of course it's great that they've been going strong for 11 years. I check their site often and they are a great bunch of people.

Normally our off-the-cuff remarks are reviewed and edited before the Middle-earth Talk Radio episodes are released for download. I just wanted Hawke to get a scoop up on the Web this time.

So, congratulations to TheOneRing.net on their 11th birthday!

____________________________________________
SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment