December 2009 seems to have been a good month for rebuilding broken news archive on Xenite.Org. We do capture a lot of news headlines for science fiction and fantasy fans but the news sections have been added piecemeal through the years with no rhyme or reason. One of my Great Projects for the future is to reorganize everything into one huge beautiful news site.
Don't hold your breath, though, as I am doing this part time and Xenite's volunteer staff is no longer as large as it once was.
Still, I think the current version of the Hobbit movie news section works pretty well. In addition to scanning headlines for "hobbit movie news" it also has dedicated sections for Guillermo del Toro news and J.R.R. Tolkien news.
But that's not the coolest thing about the site. In July I thought I started capturing daily archives for the three news sections. Unfortunately I forgot I had set up some protections for the domain that prevented my auto-scripts from working. I captured many blank pages. :)
Well, I also didn't like the archive structure I created so earlier this month I rebuilt the archives for the three news sections and now they seem to be working properly. You can browse the Guillermo del Toro news archive, the Hobbit Movie News archive, and the J.R.R. Tolkien news archive.
Each archive preserves a daily copy of the news stories that the main site featured. It's not perfect but it should help document what the media has to say about all things Tolkien and Hobbit movies.
Xenite.Org, of course, is home to the Web's oldest continually updated source of news for fans of J.R.R. Tolkien.
SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.
No comments:
Post a Comment