Friday, December 18, 2009

Schlocky horror films to be updated

Fans of "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" and "The Brood" rejoice (or tremble)! The L.A. Times reports that director Carl Rinsch is taking over responsibility for making the remake a made success.

Does anyone care?

I watched the original movie when I was a kid and very bored late at night when there was nothing else on television. I should have gone to sleep instead.

The premise of the original movie is that the so-called "missing link" is an amphibian humanoid whose descendants bypassed hominidism and evolved into modern humans. At least one lineage of the original fully developed critter survives in the Amazon river, apparently emerging from the depths once each generation to breed with human women.

There you have it: science fiction at its finest. I think I'd rather see a remake of "Ernest Goes To Camp".

I never watched "The Brood".

SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment