Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A final word about SciFi and Green Police

A friend mentioned to me today that there is a concise explanation of the "broad range of grass roots movements" around the world that have been labeled Green Police. Last week, in a series of articles on the SF Fandom Wordpress blog as well as here, I explored the "green police" concept from my limited perspective. I have been aware of the growing environmental movements around the world for some time and realized that science fiction (and fandom) have played their parts in developing the message.

Here is a concise list of the articles I wrote on both blogs:

SF-Fandom Wordpress Blog Environmental Series




SF-Fandom Blogger Blog Environmental Series




BTW -- Black Oak Arkansas fans might think that second article title is familiar. It was inspired by the goofy song "Jim Dandy to the rescue". Sorry -- my resistance was futile.

I opened a discussion of these articles at SF-Fandom. Please feel free to drop by and leave your thoughts there if you don't want to comment on either of the blogs: SF Fandom blogs and environmentalism.

SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment