If you have not tuned into MERPCon V yet, you should do so. We're doing a panel with young Tolkien fans at 10:00 AM this morning (Pacific Time Zone) and also a live broadcast of Middle-earth Talk Radio this evening at 5:00 PM (PST). You can watch gamers gaming throughout the day on the Webcams.
Yesterday I introduced Tolkien and gaming fans to "Raw Hobbit", a talk show format I put together on a whim when I decided I didn't want to just stand in front of an audience and give another lecture. I set up two chairs similar to the set of William Shatner's talk show, "Raw Nerve".
Grabbing people at random from the audience, I had a blast asking them questions about Tolkien, science fiction and fantasy, gaming, and their lives. Everyone enjoyed it and several people who have attended past MERPCons where I've done sessions told me they really liked the format.
Maybe I'll take "Raw Hobbit" on the road. I'll have to think about that.
SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.
No comments:
Post a Comment