Friday, February 1, 2013

Legend of the Seeker Fans Still Going Strong

Just a quick word to let everyone know that February 3, 2013 is Bridget Regan's birthday and Seeker fans are planning a 24-hour Tweetathon to celebrate. You can learn more about the Tweetathon and how to participate if you have a Facebook account (I'm not sure if there are any forum posts at this time but I'll try to check later).



The @Seekerfans account on Twitter was not very active in January because I have been ill. I hope to be able to participate more in February's fan activities.

It has been three years since Legend of the Seeker was cancelled due to distribution problems arising from the Tribune Company's bankruptcy. The show was popular and earned enough ratings to justify a third season. However, Tribune cancelled its contract to reduce costs and therefore reduced the US viewership by about 1/3. Seeker fandom is hoping to find another network or service that would be willing to take on the show.

Personally, I am encouraged by a lot of new original programming from Hulu+. I think maybe in another year or two we'll have a strong enough online viewership to justify getting some high-value Science Fiction and Fantasy shows into production.
____________________________________________
SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment