Friday, March 26, 2010

EDONLY.COM rips off people

I don't buy shoes online. I don't buy MBT shoes. I only recently learned of MBT shoes. A friend of mine recently bought some MBT shoes from EDONLY.COM, a Chinese-operated Website that -- according to numerous complaints posted around the Internet -- may sell outdated/discontinued MBT shoes, counterfeit MBT shoes, or just takes your money and doesn't actually send any shoes at all.

This friend wanted to buy some MBT shoes at a really great discount. EDONLY.COM claims to sell them for less than $100. The shoes, I understand, normally sell for well over $200. While it might seem like EDONLY.COM offers a great savings, it's not a reputable business about which people say good things.

And, frankly, I would be surprised if any legitimate MBT reseller could offer the shoes for less than $100. Is MBT even aware of this outfit?

To an experienced Internet marketer EDONLY.COM raises all sorts of red flags. The site uses BILLINGSUPPORTSYSTEM.COM to process its credit/debit card payments. A quick check of the Web finds numerous complaints about how the Webmaster at BILLINGSUPPORTSYSTEM.COM refuses to handle customer service complaints. Several people allege that BILLINGSUPPORTSYSTEM.COM has processed multiple card charges against single purchases.

BILLINGSUPPORTSYSTEM.COM has been associated with an UGG shoe seller (UGGOUTLETSHOP.COM, another site operating from China) that has also been accused of selling fake merchandise, overcharging customers, not shipping merchandise, etc.

The names associated with these various Websites are dissimilar and there is no way to know whether they are the same person.

Charges on your card will apparently be shown under the name GREATDISCOUNTSTORE.COM, which magically redirects to KLAT.COM. GREATDISCOUNTSTORE.COM is owned by Neon Gecko, a Seattle-based firm whose Website says they own and operate KLAT.COM, an eshopper forum and resource.

I don't know what (if any) connection really exists between NEON GECKO and BILLINGSUPPORTSYSTEM.COM but I'm rather appalled that so many Websites would be connected in such a shady network. Neon Gecko may need to take action to protect their domain name from unscrupulous Chinese vendors if it's being misused on credit card statements.

If Neon Gecko is involved in these fraudulent businesses, they had better change course quickly. People won't put up with this kind of nonsense for long.

And here is a bit of advice to people looking for great bargains on the Web: If you're not getting that 75% discount directly from the manufacturer, assume it's a ripoff unless the manufacturer has a well-documented business relationship with the retailer.

I, personally, will never do business with EDONLY.COM or any of its apparently related sites.

BTW -- if you have purchased anything from any of the companies operating through BILLINGSUPPORTSYSTEM.COM, now might be a good time to close your credit card/debit card and get a new one. Just in case.

SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment