Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Reflections" - Short SciFi movie

You find all sorts of things on YouTube. I could probably upload quite a few home videos myself, if I took the time to make them. But every now and then I find something that goes a little beyond the quality of your basic home video.

Film students, professionals, semi-professionals, and some very dedicated amateurs can upload pretty interesting stuff. You see different expressions of old ideas. Hollywood didn't burn out all the techniques that could be used.

The supershort movie format, which tells a complete story in less than 10 minutes, can flourish under the right circumstances. I suspect video archiving sites like YouTube will help us find some real artists.

Anyway, here is a supershort film I found the other day that stands at least a head above the usual crowd of homegrown video on YouTube. What do you think of it?



SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment