Thursday, June 18, 2009

H.P. Lovecraft Forum

I occasionally do favors for my friends. One friend, whose name might be William Blake Smith (yes, you may have read some fiction by W.B. Smith), is a huge fan of H.P. Lovecraft. Being somewhat of a Lovecraft fan myself, I decided on a whim to create a forum for H.P. Lovecraft fans on Xenite.Org in July 1999. I figured Blake would enjoy meeting other Lovecraft fans online.

That was, I think, the last of the old version 1.0 forums we had on Xenite.Org. You can see the H.P. Lovecraft Forum archive that preserves the first 90 messages from the forum before we changed software and formats. Blake actually participated in a few of the discussions.

We have since moved on, however, and I've worked with a couple of other fans to keep our current H.P. Lovecraft Forum active. Lovecraft fans come and go. Mostly they just come and read the news stories we post there.

Here are some of the oldest threads from the forum:



Some of the more recent threads have been popular reading items but I'll be honest -- they didn't generate much discussion. I would be interested in hearing what H.P. Lovecraft fans would like to see in a forum. Feel free to contact me (Michael) with some suggestions or requests.



Please drop by and let us know about your passion for Lovecraft. We're really big fans and will enjoy talking about the books, the movies, the actors, the directors, the stories, etc. with you.

SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.

2 comments:

  1. I was checking out the SF-Fandom boards and I noticed your blog post! Pardon me for posting out of the blue, but I'm doing a series of Lovecraft comics (starting with "The Strange High House in the Mist") at www.mockman.com and I thought you might be interested. Please check 'em out if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to set aside some time to check it out. Sorry for the delay in approving and replying to your post. I've been very busy the past week.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete