Monday, February 16, 2009

Andromeda Message Board Archive restored

In March 2000 I learned that Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, starring Kevin Sorbo, had been green-lighted. I set up a simple Web-based forum for discussion of the show on Xenite.Org. Soon some of the writers of the show began posting mysterious comments (revealing details of background information) on the forum.

Within a year Xenite.Org had moved its forums to SF-Fandom and launched a completely new forum community using the popular VBulletin software. We've been hosting many discussions there for the past 8 years.

Through the years we've had our share of technical issues: server crashes, changes in hosting services, upgrades, redesigns, expansions, and forum retirings. Many of the original forums have been shut down, renamed, or merged into newer more relevant forums.

Still, I've tried to preserve as many of the old discussions as possible. I've always felt that archived discussions served useful purposes. Many is the time I have found references to facts, articles, and Web sites buried in old discussions. So for the past few months I've been upgrading the old forum archives on SF-Fandom and now I'm pleased to say I've just brought the original Andromeda forum archive back online.

There is one other ancient forum archive I hope to bring online, but in the meantime I hope fans who fondly remember the show find it interesting to browse the very first discussions for a dedicated Andromeda forum.

Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda Message Board Archive

SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment