I've never heard of this movie but apparently it is due out July 31, 2009. The trailer says it will be out on February 13 so I guess there was a production delay or something.
I liked "Alvin and the Chipmunks" but then I also grew up with Alvin & the Chipmunks. This movie looks cute like it is going after the kids and maybe their parents.
I don't know if I'll go see this movie. Maybe I'll watch it when it hits cable. But here's the thing: I don't think you have to dumb down a concept in order to be appealing to kids. The trailer makes it look like they are treating the audience with less respect than they showed to Chipmunk fans.
Maybe I'm misjudging them. I'll just have to wait and see.
SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.
No comments:
Post a Comment