Do you remember Finnegan, the memory of the upperclass cadet who tormented Captain Kirk in the classic episode "Shore Leave"? Sean Finnegan went on to become part of the expanded Star Fleet canon.
And when I watch the trailer for the upcoming ST movie, I catch a glimpse of a guy who briefly speaks with an Irish accent like Finnegan's.
Unfortunately, I cannot find an explicit reference to Finnegan in IMDB's cast listing for the movie. Maybe the contributors to the list just haven't figured out which actor plays him. Maybe he is not in the movie. I don't know.
Another character I wonder about is Kodos the Executioner. In the trailer we briefly see a young Kirk running amok -- presumably on Earth. Does the movie recap the Kodos episode or is just overlooked? Will the movie raise yet another debate about Star Trek canon?
Judge for yourself:
And then drop by our Star Trek Forum to let us know what you think. Is it Finnegan or not?
SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.
No comments:
Post a Comment