So today I am asking if man should change his environment on the Wordpress blog but it has been pointed out to me that I missed a connection to the term "green police", which seems to have found quite a few uses.
There is a band called the Green Police. I wonder if they should call their lead singer "Green Sting"? Sorry. You just had to live through the 1980s to enjoy that kind of humor, I suppose.
I want to point out that in my other article I linked to an article I wrote several years ago called "How to steal the planet Venus and make it your own". I just think that is such a really cool concept -- taking ownership over a planet by getting there first.
The other evening I was watching a Star Trek special features Blu-Ray Disc and it included a semi-interactive section where you can watch brief explanations of the planets in the various movies. The commentator used a star chart (as did the interactive navigation) to show you where all the planets are supposed to be.
I get that civilizations might claim worlds, but how do you claim the space between stars? In Star Trek: Voyager the ship was constantly entering someone's space and being challenged. How do you monitor and control the space between star systems on that scale? You're literally staking out a huge 3-dimensional claim in galactic chunks.
None of which really has anything to do with science fiction and environmentalism, I realism, but once you start thinking about all this stuff you sort of get carried away with it. It just takes you along for the ride.
Maybe one day we'll start imagining what we could do with all those brown dwarf stars floating around the galaxy that failed to ignite for lack of sufficient mass. Think of all that hydrogen and helium that is so neatly packaged.
And maybe someone will come up with a way to utilize dead stars that are just huge diamonds (the remnants of white dwarfs that failed to collapse into neutron stars).
SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.
No comments:
Post a Comment