I have been strangely absent from blogging the last couple of days because I've been trying to set aside time to add a new section to Xenite.Org's Science Fiction Movies portal. The SF Movies Portal is, Alas!, but a shade of the site I would like it to be. It takes a lot of time to put together a decent portal section and time is just not something I'm wealthy in. Nonetheless, I figured if I don't get something up soon for "John Carter of Mars" I might as well not doing anything.
That said, I've now set up a John Carter of Mars section on the movie portal. As soon as I can I'll add some content to it but for now it's going to have to get by with a couple of cast lists, some headlines from the other SF-Fandom blog, and a list of fannish Web sites.
One day, assuming Disney makes all the movies it suggests it will make in the series, that John Carter portal should be pretty big -- much like our Harry Potter fan site (which is not actually part of the movies portal -- there has never been any science to how content gets included on Xenite's network).
In any event, I expect I'll have a few more announcements to make concerning "John Carter of Mars" over the next 2-1/2 years so I just figured it would be a good idea to set up a place where all that stuff could be collected.
I hope you feel it was worth the effort.
And, oh yeah -- we also added a John Carter of Mars store to the Xenite store -- just because we can.
SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.
No comments:
Post a Comment