Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pennsylvania fantasy festival needs volunteers for June 13 event

This is not your typical science fiction and fantasy convention. It's a community-based festival aimed at kids (of all ages) called the Woodland Hobbit and Fairy Festival. The festival is held at the Hemlock Springs Historic Crafts & Cultural Arts Center, 72 Mitcheltree Hollow Road, in Keating Summit, PA.

Back in January I mentioned this festival in the 3rd issue of Hobbit News. At the time I didn't expect to see any more news on the event but this weekend it appears they are making a last-minute appeal for volunteers.

I found this news story saying they are still looking for volunteers. Of course, the story is on a subscription-based news service and you won't be able to read it for a couple of weeks, so the timing of the publication is not entirely helpful.

Hence, I decided to put my blogs, forums, and newsletters together to help promote the need for help in Keating, PA. If you love kids and hobbits and faeries and you have some time to spare, check out their Web site and maybe you can be a hero for your community. Volunteer.

SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment