Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The lighter side of SF movies

I found these two trailers for upcoming films. You may have seen them already, but I had not.

In "G-Force", a small team of crack agents protect the free world.



Do you think these types of movies ever raise the question of why genetically altered critters would WANT to protect the free human world? I mean, it's not like they can go out and rent and apartment or buy a house.

"Monsters vs. Aliens" might look like a sequel to "Monsters, Inc." but it's not. Produced by Dreamworks (Disney/PIXAR gave us "Monsters, Inc."), "Monsters vs. Aliens" reminds me more of "Chicken Little".



I don't know that I would want to have to pick and choose between the two of them. The trailers don't seem to have much appeal for adults but the movies may be more family-oriented than the trailers suggest.


SF-Fandom is a moderated, fan-run community devoted to science fiction, fantasy, history, and mythology. SF-Fandom was founded in 2001 and is part of the Xenite.Org network. Free registration is required to post. Please be sure you read our Posting Guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment